I had been waiting all day for this package to come. Here’s my first look at the newest lens offering from Olympus, the 25mm 1.8.
Some hit points off the bat:
- This lens, although made of plastic, feels very sturdy and robust. High quality plastics were used, if there is such a thing.
- Focus ring is as smooth as butter
- Zero mechanical noise during auto focus, at least to my 27 year old ears
- Focusing from close distance to infinity was incredibly fast
- A little front heavy, but that just adds to the robust feeling of this lens
- These are my FIRST impressions. I will post a full review with image samples in a week or two. Just need to get some quality one on one time.
- The images in this post are straight out of the camera, no editing, and merely for your viewing pleasure. Pixel peepers are not welcome just yet.
Get the Olympus 25mm 1.8 Here in Black, just like the one in this video!
Olympus 25mm f1.8 Interchangeable Lens